Area of Expertise
- Gender and constitutions
- Customary governance/legal pluralism
- Human rights
- Judicial system design
- Minority issues
- Power sharing (horizontal/vertical)
- Security sector
- ‘Visualising China’s Unitary System’, in Rosalind Dixon and Adrienne Stone (eds.) The Invisible Constitution in Comparative Perspective (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2017).
- ‘The Debate between Two Constitutional Schools: Inspirations and the Way out’ (Chinese version) in Tian Feilong (ed.) Beihang Law Journal (2016 Vol.1, Beijing: China University of Political Science and Law Press) 158-176. [Chinese Version]
- ‘Legal Analysis on the Residential Community Policy: the Right of Property in Private Law and Constitutional Law’ (Caixin, 25 February 2016) <http://opinion.caixin.com/2016-02-25/100912504.html>. [Chinese Version]
- ‘A Sketch of PhD Education in Dutch Law Schools’ Chinese Social Science Today (Beijing, 05 December 2015) 005. [co-authored]
II. Chinese Translation
- Colleen A Sheehan, Gary L McDowell (eds.) Friends of the Constitution: Writings of the ‘Other’ Federalists, 1787-1788 (Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 1998)
Guilin: Guangxi Normal University Press, forthcoming in 2018.
2. Edward S. Corwin, ‘The Establishment of Judicial Review II’ (1911) 9 Michigan Law Review 283-318.
In XU Zhuang (ed.), Essays on the Doctrine of Judicial Review (Beijing: Peking University Press, 2015) 57-129.
3. Siegfried Blasche, ‘Natural Ethical life and Civil Society: Hegel's Construction of the Family’, in Robert B. Pippin, Otfried Höffe (eds.) Hegel on Ethics and Politics (Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2004) 183-207.
In XU Zhangrun, ZHAI Zhiyong (eds.) Historical Jurisprudence (Vol. 8 ‘Association of Men: From the Natural State to Political Society’, Beijing: Law Press, 2014) 275-298.